Sunday, April 4, 2010

Game play around me

i found that different things happen when people are around me during game play. i think that it is somewhat easier to play when i am with a person who knows the game, this is obvious for many reasons. they already know where to go and what to do and how to do it, EFFICIENTLY. When i'm alone or with unexperienced players, theres a completely different comfort level with the game. I am the one who has to figure out where to go, what to do, and how to do it. If i'm in the adventurous mood playing the game always seems a bit easier. i hate it when my friends try to tell me to go one way, and then it turns out to be wrong, and i have to start all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Lindsey!
    I agree that friends' "helpful" hints that prove fruitless are indeed very frustrating. What do you think these different gameplay contexts say about your identity? Given that you're shifting in terms of expertise, personas, and locales, does your "real world" or "game world" identity also shift depending on the context? What would Gee say about this?

    ReplyDelete