Friday, February 12, 2010

we shall see

I think that the game could do a few things to help me remember all of the skills that you have learned throughout the different levels. I think that there should be a scroll on the top of the screen stating what you need to do to complete the task. Even though there is the purple sparkles on the ground indicating what way to head through the little community, the game does not indicate if you should go left or right or are actually going the correct way. For instance, if I were to begin following the purple sparkles, and then it leads me to edge around the circle tower, then I have no where to go except around and around and around. I wish that the voices of the game could be a little bit more motivating, like encourage you " yay you're going the right way!" or "whaaawhooo! keep up the good work" or something along those lines. I think that it would be really cool if it was possible for the skills review to be tied into the music. Maybe the words in the songs could be clues to the game! I think my current boredom with the game is because I no longer have a desire to defeat doctor m and save the cooper vault. I'm not being driven to want to accomplish more jobs. I think this is also because i'm still a little bit confused on what I am suppose to be doing for each of the missions and my "gang" is not speaking to me in a motivational tone. My gang has grown significantly since the first time I have played, which is fun. I do enjoy expanding my gang because it actually makes me feel like I am making progress in the game. I am going to continue playing my game and see where things go, I have high hopes for my next round of play. I'm going to start with a different attitude :)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey,

    Glad to see you're sticking with it! Interesting comments about what could make the game more motivating -- how do those ideas tie in with Malone & Lepper's article?

    Given the fantastic nature of this particular game, do you think that the game's designers could learn anything from "serious" games like America's Army? Why / why not? Are you, in effect, becoming a kind of leader of an Army as you build your "gang"? What are the parallels here to more "serious" games and why are they important (if they are at all)?

    ReplyDelete